To boost metabolism, one need to burn calories from the body. How fast this process goes depends on a lot of things like gender, genes, or age. As people grow older over the age of 40, their metabolism rate gets slow. However, some ways can help in improving metabolism:
- The more muscle you have, the higher will be resting metabolic rate. Body burns calories even while we are resting. The resting metabolic rate is more in people who have more muscles.
- Perform high-intensity exercises like a more intense workout at the gym, small intervals of jogging, etc. We have to push ourselves for delivering a big, long rise in metabolic rate through high-intensity exercise.
- Drink 8 or more glasses of water every day. It is required for processing calories. One can also try drinking unsweetened beverages and eat fruits and vegetables which have water present in them.
- Ingredients present in energy drinks like caffeine can boost your metabolism. Also, there is a taurine present that helps in speeding up metabolism. However, it is not recommended for kids and teens because they can cause issues like anxiety, high blood pressure, and sleep issues.
- Have a small meal every 3 to 4 hours. Studies have shown that the metabolism slows down when you eat large meals with several hours in between.
- Eat more spicy food as it can kick up metabolism. This is a temporary effect but it will definitely benefit. Try to cook food with a chopped of green chili or red chili pepper.
- Replace carbohydrates with protein-rich foods in your diet. Human body burns more calories while digesting protein than it does by eating carbohydrates or fats.
- Caffeine can make us feel less tired and increase metabolic rate for the short term. It also helps in increasing endurance while exercising
Green tea has catechins and caffeine that can improve metabolism. Studies have shown that 2 to 4 cups of green tea can help in pushing body to burn 17% more calories for a short time.
- Stay away from all the crash diets.
Nobesity is one of the most experienced Bariatric Center of Excellence in India with more than 4000+ successful Bariatric weight loss surgeries performed so far. Over 400 new patients, every year choose to undergo treatment here for morbid obesity and metabolic disorders.
Nobesity also leads one of the best patient support group programs in India. More than 100 after-surgery patients attend each support group meeting held on last Sunday of every month.