Dr. Manish Khaitan
Dr. Manish Khaitan is one of the stalwart Bariatric and Metabolic surgeons in India. He is the Director of Nobesity Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center at KD Hospital, Ahmedabad.
Dr. Khaitan has 15 + years of experience in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery and 20 + years of experience in other Gastro and Minimal Invasive Surgeries.
He along with his team has successfully performed more than 4000 Bariatric procedures which is one of the highest Bariatric experiences in India.
Dr. Khaitan is one of the first surgeons to initiate the Bariatric Surgery Program in India after being conferred with Bariatric Fellowship in the USA under Dr. Kelvin Higa, one of the world authorities in Bariatric Surgery.
Free of Cost Lifelong Follow up the opportunity for any bariatric patient either operated by him or any other surgeon is a hallmark of his Bariatric Program. Dr. Khaitan and the team facilitate probably the largest Support Group in India for Bariatric Patients.
Dr. Khaitan has been recognized as the Best Bariatric Surgeon of Gujarat and Best Bariatric Surgeon by IPSA Healthcare and Praxis Media respectively.
He also runs the Bariatric and Metabolic Fellowship Program to train young surgeons.
He has more than 20 national and international publications and presentations in bariatric and metabolic surgery to his credit, along with noteworthy contributions for the scope of improvement in this field.
His area of research primarily involves diabetes in obesity patients.
- Gujarat University Gold Medalist
- One of the initiators of Bariatric programs in India.
- One of the initiators of Bariatric Fellowship in India.
- Faculty members of various National and International obesity society programs.
- MBBS from B.J. Medical College.
- M.S (general surgery from BJ medical college and civil hospital )
- Fellow in Bariatric Surgery from CA, the USA under Dr. Kelvin Higa, ALSA, California.
- Faculty Member of reputed surgical societies such as ASI, AMASI, IAGES, OSSI, AIAARO, IFSO, ASMBS