Oats and Methi (Fenugreek) Muthia
Oats are a great way to start off the day. They are rich in soluble fibre which helps reduce cholestrol and mange blood sugar levels. They give you a sustained feeling of fullness whoich means that you don’t reach out for unhealthy snacks.
But, it can get boring to eat the same oat porridge every day. This recipe gives a new twist to our favourite Muthia so that your breakfast is both nutritious and packed with flavour.
This recipe also includes fresh methi leaves which is effective on the blood lipid levels and rich in antioxidants.
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups fenugreek (methi) leaves, roughly chopped
4 tablespoon yoghurt
2 tablespoons rava
2 teaspoons green chilli paste, adjust as per taste
2 teaspoons dhania-jeera powder
¼ teaspoon turneric powder
A pinch asafoetida (hing)
Salt, as per taste
1 teaspoon oil
½ teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
½ teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
- In a blender, powder the oats coarsely and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the powdered oats, fenugreek leaves and semolina.
- Add the yoghurt, green chilli paste and all the spices. Season with salt and mix till everything is well-combined.
- Add a little water, if needed, to get the consistency of soft dough. Divide the dough into two portions and roll each portion into long cylindrical shapes.
- Place the cylinders on a sieve and steam for about 10 minutes. Insert a toothpick. If it comes out clean the muthias are cooked.
- After the cylinders have cooled down, cut them into ½ inch slices.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the mustard seeds. Once they sputter, add the sesame seeds and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the sliced muthias and gently toss them in the tempering.
Located in Columbia Asia hospital Ahmedabad, Nobesity is among India's top Bariatric Surgery Centers. We have performed more than 3000 successful Bariatric Surgeries and treat more than 200 new patients every year for morbid obesity and metabolic disorders.
Nobesity’s state of the art operation theater with the most up-to-date equipment and highly qualified team, led by Dr Manish Khaitan, one of the most prominent bariatric and laparoscopic surgeons of India, ensures advanced patient care and a comfortable hospital experience.
Our Lifelong Free-of-charge post-surgery support program is considered the best in India. More than 100 after-surgery patients attend our monthly support group meeting on the last Sunday of every month.
To learn more about us or discuss your specific problem, call us at+91 89999 49999 or Email us at email@example.com for an appointment.