Low Calorie Moong Dal Halwa Recipe For this Diwali
Serving size : 4 Servings
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split)
- 25 gram Sooji (Semolina Rava)
- 200 ml Canola Oil , or rice bran oil, or calorie butter
Low Calorie Ingredients for Sugar Syrup
- 1 cup Low Calorie Sucralose Based Sweetner (For eg. Sugar Free Natura or Splenda)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom (Pods /Seeds)
Ingredients for Garnish
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Mixed nuts , finely chopped (almonds or pistachio)
Directions for Moong Dal Halwa Recipe (A Low Calorie Version):
- To begin making the Moong Dal Halwa, we will first soak the moong dal in sufficient water overnight. Drain all the water completely and grind it to a lightly coarse paste. Make sure you don’t use too much water while you grind the dal batter.
- Combine the sugar and water in sauce pan and bring the mixture to boil, stirring continuously until the sugar free dissolves. Add in the cardamom powder to the sugar water and stir well. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat. Add in the rava and roast on medium heat until lightly roasted and lightly browned. Now add the moong dal batter. On low heat cook the batter until it is thick and begins to ooze out the oil. Keep stirring continuously until it gets a little darker golden brown in color. Pour the hot sugar free water to the moong dal mixture.
- Keep stirring continuously until all the water is absorbed and the halwa comes out from the sides of the pan and the moong dal halwa is cooked.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and transfer the halwa to the serving bowl an garish with the chopped nuts.
Your healthy version of Moong Dal Halwa is ready to serve!
Located in Columbia Asia hospital Ahmedabad, Nobesity is among India's top Bariatric Surgery Centers. We have performed more than 3000 successful Bariatric Surgeries and treat more than 200 new patients every year for morbid obesity and metabolic disorders.
Nobesity’s state of the art operation theater with the most up-to-date equipment and highly qualified team, led by Dr Manish Khaitan, one of the most prominent bariatric and laparoscopic surgeons of India, ensures advanced patient care and a comfortable hospital experience.
Our Lifelong Free-of-charge post-surgery support program is considered the best in India. More than 100 after-surgery patients attend our monthly support group meeting on the last Sunday of every month.
To learn more about us or discuss your specific problem, call us at+91 89999 49999 or Email us at email@example.com for an appointment.